- This event has passed.
Third annual Womxn of Color Symposium!
March 20, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 1:30 pm
Join us for a day of dialogue, empowerment and professional development. Any person who identifies as a woman, womxn, or femme is welcome in this space.
The WOCS Planning Committee is seeking proposals by Friday, Feb. 14, 2020 at 5 pm for workshops, presentations, and panels for the Womxn of Color Symposium. The theme this year is “The Personal is Political.”
The objectives of the event are as follows:
• Learn new ways to motivate, support, encourage, and inspire yourself and peers.
• Provide a forum for the exchange of dialogue on topics and issues pertinent to womxn of color (with a potential focus on this election year).
• Discuss barriers and challenges while providing the necessary tools to cultivate resilience, deal with emotions or mindsets that sometimes hold us back, implement change, and uplift womxn of color.
• Empower womxn of color through access to information, personal and professional development, peer networking, and educational and mentoring opportunities.
• Walk away with an innovative way to navigate political minefields, effectively identify resources, and assert your presence.
Please submit your proposal of no more than 500 words to Malaikaemail@example.com . After submission, receipt of your proposal will be acknowledged via email with three business days. Acceptance or rejection of your proposal will be sent to you by end of day February 21, 2020.